19 Nov How to Increase Your Chances of Getting Hired When You Are Under-Qualified.
How to Increase Your Chances of Getting Hired When You Are Under-Qualified
- What are the stakes?
- Do you have transferable skills that could suffice?
- How far away from the requirements are you?
2. Spice Up Your Resume
You will need transferable skills like communication, time management, teamwork,etc no matter what profession or industry you are in.
3. Develop an Additive Skill
“An additive skill is something unique that you bring to the table—in addition to everything that’s expected.”
4. Prepare for the Interview
- Do some in-depth research about the company
- Ask very good questions
- Connect with the hiring manager
- Tell achievement-based stories
- Be honest about your position but don’t sell yourself short
- Remember to send a thank-you note.
Good luck on your new position, and if you don’t get it, don’t let it get into your head. You’re doing great, keep trying.
In the meantime, sign up for mentorship and get connected with mentors across the globe waiting to guide you to work with you to become your best self.